tuning files

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 23:54:42 -0800

Greetings list,
	I'm a little puzzled trying to copy my existing tunings from my
Accutuner over to my laptop and into Tunelab. I realize that I must do
it one note at a time but the Tunelab numerical editor asks which
partial it's listening to. The accutuner manual says to press mem to
reveal which partial your using but it reveals which note not which
partial. I must confess to an ignorance as to how to figure out the
carious steps of partials. Does it not go from an octave to the nest
fifth to the next octave ... and then what?
	Additionally does anyone know of a way to compute a tuning in Tunelab
that doesn't require 15 minutes to accomplish? I can't justify spending
that amount of time just building a tuning that I may not use again. I
like the program and the basic configuration and having all my other
files with me and games to play when I'm bored on the road and I'm
getting off track here. I hope that this is available. I don't mind
spending the time tweaking a tuning for those clients I see regularly
but for that fly by the night customer who has the piano tuned once
every 10-20 years whether it need it or not ... no way am I going to
spend that kind of time on them. I've used the Accutuner for a couple
years now and I really like the help on days of fatigue and such but I
do seem to stay with my ear a lot anyway so 15 extra tuning minutes,
again, is not very appealing. Have I beaten this subject to death yet?
	Thanks in advance to those who care to shed some light!
					Greg Newell