Historical Temperments

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:38:18 EST

In a message dated 3/10/99 4:00:43 PM Central Standard Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

<<  Yamaha, in the fall '98 issue of Accent, proudly announces the use of
 their piano with the historical tuning for Susan Haligan's rendition of the
 Diabelli Variations , on a Kirnberger III.  >>

I appreciate very much your comments, Ed.  And now I do remember hearing about
this Yamaha in Kirnberger III.  Now, the question is, can I go into Sam Goody
(the local chain Record Store) and find this or is it only available through
other channels?

I have a good CD recording of that music in ET and NEVER listen to it anymore.
I'd like to get this Kirnberger interpretation and really hear some contrasts
in color and tonality.

I'm glad to hear that Yamaha has taken a step forward.

Sincerely,
Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin