Oily Soot

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 19:21:28 -0500

There is a thread on caut about smoke damage. I received a call today from
a restoration company working at a church where the chimney backed up and
spewed oily soot from a fuel oil furnace on everything. He wanted to know
if I could clean the keys (primarily) and the inside(?) of two old uprights
that the church members are attached to. I don't think so, but told him I
would consult with my colleagues. Any thoughts? Will the action be
necessarily adversely affected? If the smell is not bad, could they
function as before :-) if the keys were cleaned up?
See you in Pittsburg
Ken Jankura
Newburg, PA