CA glue - first time

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:26:03 EST

My opinion is that this technique is not correct.

There should be no reason to pull the pin, but once you did you should have
swabbed the hole with the CA and reinstalled immediately.

I suggest you go back to the archives and read the mass of data already there.

I would have backed the pin out a bit, treated with  thin CA, then a touch of
the accelerator, waited, then tuned.

You seem fairly cavalier in experimenting on a customer's piano,  using little
forethought,  Is this correct?  Or was this perhaps a junker piano you were
"parting out?"

Bill Simon
Phoenix

<<Well today, had an upright with a real loose pin knocked in as far as

possible. Not having paid attention to previous threads on CA glue (super

glue to me). I did it for the hell of it: I took out the pin and  with my

little 3gm tube smeared the pin with the glue, let it dry then tapped it

back in and it was surprising tight. Main question - is technique correct?

Yes or No answers in lines of 20 or less please.