separated bass bridge

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 00:15:58 EST

In a message dated 3/7/99 10:00:17 PM !!!First Boot!!!, jformsma@dixie-net.com
writes:

<< I have searched in the archives, the PTJ's that I have access to, and the
 Reblitz book; but have not seen instructions on how to reglue a bass bridge
 that has separated from the soundboard. The piano is a BOU (big old
 upright), and the bridge is completely separated from the soundboard.

The main concern is if there is enough down bearing on the bridge. If there is
not downbearing, then any repair will become useless, because the piano won't
sound good even after the repair is made.

If there is downbearing, then use the preassure of the strings to glue the
bridge back on the soundbaord. Take off the bass strings, remove the bridge,
put glue on the bridge, and attach the bridge to the soundbaord with a couple
of screws to hold it place. (YOu might want to check to see if there are any
scews holding the bridge in place from the back.). Then reattach the strings,
and the the preasure of the strings will "clamp" the bridge on to the
soundboard.

Willem Blees