5-minute pitchraise

Marvin McDonald pianomarv@earthlink.net
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 06:53:41 -0800

Don wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would someone please describe Isaac Sadigursky's pitch raise technique?
>
> At 07:17 AM 2/27/99 -0500, you wrote:

I don't know how to explain it exactly but I'll try.  He strip mutes the entire
piano and then he sets a very quick, not accurate, temperment.  Then he goes from
top to bottom pulling in the unisions without regards to good unision technique.
This gets the piano up close enough to go through and do a final tuning that
holds and sounds good.

I hope this helps you and if anyone can explain it better I would be interested
as well.  I saw Isaac in Portland and he is really great.

---Marvin McDonald, Associate