Seeking recom. for church piano

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 23:07:21 -0500

Rolland:

Two things come to mind immediately.

First, if the pianist is a senior, do you have any assurance that he
will stick around to be your pianist after graduation?

Second, if yes, I think he should have some major input about the
purchase of the piano, although that will remove any element of
surprise, if you were hoping to do that.  If no, make sure the
congregation doesn't spend more money than they all think they should,
just to please the pianist, and a year later he walks away.  But I may
be barking up the wrong tree; I don't know enough of the specifics.

Clyde Hollinger