Barrel piano

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:08:18 EST

Greetings all,
    I just saw something I would really like to have.  It is a crank-operated
barrell piano. It is built on its own little cart, no keys, of course, but has
bichords for about all of its 5 octaves, and dampers half way up.  It is
painted up like something out of a gypsy fantasy, and is in poor condition.  I
wasn't able to really get too much of a look, but there is a large barrel with
stubs sticking out of it that trigger some kind of mechanism that throw
hammers at the strings.
    The barrell is about four feet long, about 1 foot in diameter.  They want
$1,400 for the whole thing,  Anybody know anything about these animals?
Thanks,
Ed Foote
(oh lawdy, lawdy, how her eyes rolled when I told her what I seen........)