Accelerated Steinway key weights

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:58:05 -0600

Once I heard the reason for the leads close to the balance rail, but I
forgot. Was this in consideration for the half rounds, or is it related to
an inertia problem?  Does this cause more "bobbling" of the keys when
played staccato, or released suddenly?  The keys bounce up and down a few
times, I have heard this called "dancing".

Richard Moody