bone keytops

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 08:31:40 -0500

Don't waste your time with bone.  From the only source of which I am aware,
it comes in a thickness, 100/1000, that is difficult and time consuming to
work with, and it costs just about as much as good new ivory.  As someone
else has pointed out, the coarse stuff gets dirty too easily, and the fine
stuff looks like plastic.  Instead, get new ivory from David Werther who
can be reached at 330 852 3455.

I've used three sets of ivory from David in recent months, and the quality
of his ivory and his work is superb.  He will cut the ivory to just about
any dimensions you want, and bleach it as well if that's what you want.

Frank Weston