Teflon Steinway - Solutions?

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:51:43 -0600

>Jon writes:
>>
>>Place a teflon s/f in a glass of water, it will be loose as a goose within
>>20 minutes.  This was demonstrated by Koe Biscelie (sp?) at a seminar.
>>The bushing actually is loose in the hole in the shank yoke, go figure.
>
>Greetings,
>    I did go figure.  I placed four small teflon bushing on a centerpin, and
>measured their cumlative length...
>Ed Foote

I don't think your test is the same as the one Jon mentions, Ed.  If I
understand the test he is referring to is a shank and flange that has
teflon bushings in a glass of water, yes?

Your test of affected length isn't quite the same, yes?

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731