wire curve

Lonnie Young pianoman@c-gate.net
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:58:47 -0600

At 9:40pm 3/3/99 Lonnie Young wrote:

When I worked at Baldwin we strung pianos from strings that were pre-cut
for every position.  The strings came bundled up straight in a box, and
labeled as to which scale and string number counting (if I remember
correctly) from the shortest string to the longest. One duty for me
included measuring the strings and fixing the problem if they got mixed up
and were not fitting the pianos correctly.  At the stringing stations there
were tubes for each length string needed for each scale piano that we
produced.

Lonnie Young
Former Wurlitzer Tech Service
Now at The University of Southern Mississippi
Lonnie.young@usm.edu