Abel "Light" Grand Hammers

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:34:48 EST

In a message dated 3/3/99 1:03:34 PM, Avery wrote:

<<"Abel  "Light" Grand Hammers available". Anyone know anything about these?
Are they anything like the Renner Lights?">>

Avery;
 I have used both and each is an excellent choice with Abels tending to being
a trifle brighter than the Renner.  Abel has no moulding felt, and I don't
think the RB does either........but I can't remembe, and the only leftovers I
can find wouldn't have had any anyway :-(
  The consistency of the AL is excellent and they are easy to voice up or
down.
 I just delivered a Kawai 600 on which I used a set of AL...it turned out
excellent and sounds very nice. (of course I may be a tad prejudiced:)
  Either the AL or RB would be an excellent choice for smaller/older grands
where the usage will not dictate a different hammer as in a performance
situation.
My opinion.
Jim Bryant (FL)