for Sale(money stuff)

Hite, Bob bhite@dmci.net
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 18:10:10 -0500

A440A@AOL.COM wrote:

>     I, for one, would be interested in the selling price of SAT''s  these
> days,  I am curious if the new SAT III will turn a lot of the older models
> out.
>       I think that all of us on the list could benefit from knowing what the
> prices are around the country for the stuff we buy and sell.  No, there is no
> danger from the FTC about this.
>
>    Anybody else care to post recent buy/sell prices for our education?
> Thanks,
> Ed Foote

A SAT1 20 months old, charger, foot pedal,  $450, advertised for about 10 months
on RMMP.

A 1913 Mason & Hamlin A, very sloppy restringing, new hammers (cheap), knuckles,
pinblock, 15 years ago, evidently not played since, terrible regulation, 4 open
cracks in board shimmed many years ago, probably serviceable.  Refinished 15 years
ago, may only need to be sanded and rubbed.  Very clean inside and out.  nice
ivories.    Large farm auction, South Central Michigan  -  $2,500.

A 1934 Richmond 5 ft PSO.  Just old and tired.  A project for me to learn
rebuilding.  I used six, 3 meter soundboard shims to repair all the cracks.
Bridges were good.  -  $400.

Bob Hite
Lansing, Mi