for Sale(money stuff)

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:48:50 EST

>David,
>   Sorry, it's sold.  John

Greetings,
    I, for one, would be interested in the selling price of SAT''s  these
days,  I am curious if the new SAT III will turn a lot of the older models
out.
      I think that all of us on the list could benefit from knowing what the
prices are around the country for the stuff we buy and sell.  No, there is no
danger from the FTC about this.
     If it is of any interest, recent prices here in Tennessee have been $25K
for a completely rebuilt 1919 Mahogany Steinway O,( everything but the
soundboard, which was really nice),  a 50 year old Baldwin 6' grand( rebuilt
the same) just went for $16,500.
I tried to buy a Steinway M(1923) with frozen action, pretty nice case, and a
30 year old stringing job for $6,500 and they wouldn't sell!! ( Dang!).  I did
manage to buy a model O, in rough shape, for $3,000.  It was missing two legs,
pedals, and music rack, but it is now in a recording studio and playing
great;( I had all the missing pieces and the original strings sound fine,  who
made the Steinway bass strings in 1915?)
   Anybody else care to post recent buy/sell prices for our education?
Thanks,
Ed Foote