pitch raise

LTpianoman@AOL.COM LTpianoman@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 03:20:21 EST

Norman,
I've only been a tech for a few years, but with my limited hands on
expierence, I can say that you are 100% on this. Most of the pianos I tune are
first time customers so as a result, their pianos are flat from neglect and a
pitch raise is common for me...and a lot of customers will say, wow, it never
sounded like this before! That's the tension and downbearing at work making me
look good!  Besides, in my training, that view of pitch affecting tone (and
much more) is compared to proper tire pressure resulting in a proper ride,
which is what people seem to relate to when I explain pitch raising to them.
If the piano is designed for 20 tons of pull, anything less or more has a
dramatic affect on the entire structure.
Well, back to the words of the more expierenced!!  I learned a lot from this
list... Thanks.

Larry Trischetta, NE PA Chapter

WALK, RUN OR CRAWL TO THE PA CONVENTION IN PITTSBURGH !!! IT WILL BE WORTH IT
!!!

In a message dated 3/3/99 1:27:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, barre46@ibm.net