Rebuilder needed

Isabelkuh@AOL.COM Isabelkuh@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:36:39 EST

In a message dated 3/2/99 7:43:15 PM Central Standard Time, gutlo@bestweb.net
writes:

> > From: Lance Lafargue <lafargue@iamerica.net>
>  > To: Pianotech Listserve <pianotech@ptg.org>
>  > Subject: Rebuilder needed
>  > Date: Tuesday, March 02, 1999 8:42 AM
>  >
>  > I live 45 minutes north of New Orleans and I am considering sending
>  > rebuilding work out to be done.  Can anyone suggest a very good rebuilder
>  > within the Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana area?  Thanks.
>  > LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
>  > LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
>  > New Orleans Chapter
>  > Mandeville, LA.
>  > _______________________________
>  > II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
>  > -------------------------------------------------------
>  > lafargue@iamerica.net
>
>  Lance,
>
>  Call Jay Boot in Dallas.  He is a world class rebuilder, formerly foreman
>  of the Steinway factory restoration department, is extremely conscientious
>  and delivers  his work on time.  He's currenty working at a major
>  rebuilding center, the name of which escapes me.  972.233.1967.  Mention my
>  name.
>
>  Arthur Grudko

Jay works at Encore Restorations, Inc. which is part of Kahn's for Pianos in
Dallas.  There website is www.themetro.com/02/kahns.

They do have a strong reputation in the Dallas area.

Although I have not priced it lately, I don't think the cost difference is
that great in shipping a piano 400 or 1,000 miles.  At least for a high value
grand it is not a large difference.  Check out the rebuilders surveyed in the
article on bellywork in last years journal.

Scott Kuhn
Houston, TX