Whoops followup

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 13:00:00 -0600 (CST)

Ken,

   I definitely agree with Bob here. The insurance liability issue was
how I got piano moving being done with student help stopped when I came
to the university. Many, if not most, large institutions such as schools
are self-insured, which makes them liable in cases like mine. Maybe
yours, also. So this might be a good way to "convince" them they HAVE to
get some dollies if they are going to continue rolling these pianos
around.
   Just a thought.

Avery

><< The pianos get moved over thresholds all
> the time, so the wheels are just about shot. While I was there fixing the
> wheels on one, they moved another piano, and then asked if I could work on
> it, because two of that pianos wheels fell off. That's called good timing.
> Again thanks, this list is amazing. KJ
>
>   >>
>Ken:
>
>Have you suggested-nay URGED- these people to obtain piano dollies to  prevent
>this happening again?  I have had two occasions where pianos fell-being pushed
>by students each time- and injured one student and one teacher.  The teacher
>had her ankle broken and to this day limps because of it.  Had she sued the
>school, she would have probably obtained a goodly sum for her permanent
>injury.  Piano trucks-dollies- whatever you call them, are much cheaper!
>
>Bob Bergantino,RPT

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston