A Question re: Stealing Customers??

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:37:50 EST

 Wim writes:

>There are probably other reasons why customers change tuners. But don't
>think
>of it as one "stealing" a customer from another tuner. I never let it bother
>me.

Greetings,
   Speak for yourself, Wim!(:)}}   It is like a stake driven into my heart
everytime I learn of a customer moving on from me to another tuner.  Deepest,
darkest, depression settles down on me for at least five minutes.  Then I
remember how many of my customers told me that they had rejected another tuner
in favor of me, and grand, glorious, glee overtakes my soul!  The trick is to
ride the tide, and not get swept out to sea, or thrown on the beach.
     It also comes down to money.  If your fees are considerably higher, you
will see a higher percentage of customers go shopping, but if your work is
worth your price, the customers that remain will be envy of your competition.
   Personality also is a part of it.  Here in Nashville, I never see a
customer again if I, for whatever reason, can't get to them and recommend them
to Candace Wilken. Not only is she is a good tuner, ( as I try to be),  but
she just murders me on personality!!!! I even kid her about it, and suggested
that she try to be more of a jerk with "my" customers, but no,  they never
come back.........
Regards,
Ed Foote