Wonderwand

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:17:30 +0000

Ken Jankura wrote:

> My tuning lever handle (one of 'em anyway) is made from osage orange, which
> is a native species akin to locust only harder and more beautiful. <snip>

If memory serves me correct, osage comes from the bois d'arc tree, which in the
south is often called a "horse apple" tree. The wood is extremely hard and you
can ruin good tools trying to work with it. A lot of bows (as in bow and arrow)
are made from it. And you're right, it has a peculiar, orange color.

--
Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX USA