instability

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:13:37 -0600 (CST)

John, go back and read it again. Ed Carwithen wrote about the tuning
problem, I replied that it was probably either the heating vent, and/or a
trashed soundboard. I'm the guy who argued at considerable length on the
list a while back about the ineffectiveness and potential long term damage
resulting from tightening plate bolts and seating strings on bridges as an
automatic cure for tuning stability and sound production problems. Then
again, a lot of these anomolies look to me like soundboard problems to me
these days, but I bet that's the case a whole lot more often than techs realise.

 Ron