S&S capo

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:59:11 -0700 (MST)

Hi Christopher:

Sometimes the counter bearing area or duplex has unhappy string length
combinations. This aliquot area may be out of tune with the speaking length
to such a degree that you hear a very fast beat or buzz. You might try
putting a drop of glue on this segment of the string. This will change the
frequency but not damp the string nearly so much as touching it with your
finger. See if you can find the right combination. If you have read Ed
McMorrows book, you will know how he deals with this in changing the
counterbearing height and making a smaller radius V-bar contact with the
string.

Jim coleman, Sr.