Breaking Bass String

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:14:53 EST

<<  I pulled out a matching universal replacement and prepared
 it, installed it, and this string broke at the pin as well, as I was
 pulling it up.  I tried this with two more replacement strings, with the
 same result before I gave up in puzzlement. >>

You might be trying to replace a string that is not the right size. Question:
did the original string that broke look like it might have been replaced
before? If it has, then who ever did that didn't put the right size back on,
and he(she) was lucky that it didn't break.

I would suggest you measure  the other string of the bichord. Chances are, it
will be a different size than what you are trying to replace.

Willem Blees  RPT