Bechstein action

Bill dentonpiano@iglobal.net
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:34:27 -0500

Dear list,
I've got an old Bechstein grand (1885) that I'm preparing an estimate on.
The piano has had some very sloppy work done in the past and the action is
bad shape.  I will put new shanks on it but the whippens(original) need
either replacement or thorough reconditioning.   My question, to those who
have dealt with these older german pianos, is if this type of whippen is
available.  Perhaps those who have rebuilt bechsteins of this vintage can
tell me what you did.

Regards,
Bill Jeffreys
Denton Piano