Ibach grands

SKY sky77808@skynet.be
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:21:51 +0100

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: staytuned@idirect.com <staytuned@idirect.com>
Aan: To: <To:>
Datum: zaterdag 18 december 1999 20:29
Onderwerp: Ibach grands

>My experience with Ibach grands is very limited. I'm puzzled that some
>serial numbers are numbers only while others I've seen start with the
>letter "F" or the designate "G".
>
>Are they manufactured by different companies?
>
>I'm just new here and, with 2000 imminent, thought I'd better attempt to
>become computer literate.
>
>It's nice to see so many familiar names from the past thirty years.
>
>Regards to all.
>
>John Lillico, RPT
>Oakville ON

Hi John,

I asked your question to my friends at the Ibach factory and this is their
reply :

Dear Mr. Van den Driesschen,

We got your e-mail dated 20th December and would like to reply
as follows:

All Ibach grand pianos begin with the "F" as e.g. F-III, F-IV and
never with a G. And all Ibach grands have been built and are being
built in our factory in Schwelm.
If there is a grand where the model-no. begins with a "G", than this
is not an authentical Ibach, but a plagiat.
We regret this very much but from time to time we learn of these
things, i.e. pianos being built in Asia.

Best regards,
Rud. Ibach Sohn
i.o. Ursula Tiemeyer

Please notice our website http://www.ibach.de/
Bitte beachten Sie unsere Webseiten http://www.ibach.de/

Hope this solves the mistery about the Ibach serial numbers.
Merry X-mas and happy 2000 to all of you !

Ludo Van den Driesschen
Belgium

B.T.W., You should taste our Belgian chocolates and Belgian beer!