pitch lowering

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:48:27 -0600

>...( I use the  SAT.)  Is there a method I can use to avoid this extra  step?
> I'd appreciate any experience anyone has in this  area.
>Thanks   Phil Ryan

When you intend to change the pitch location of a piano, avoiding a pitch
change pass is nigh impossible, even for the very experienced.  The game is
to go beyond the point of desired pitch location just enough to hopefully
have the piano arrive at where you want to end up.

The SAT can assist you in this with its manual Pitch Raising feature.  The
instructions are on p20 in the manual I have.

The only way I have been able to satisfactorily avoid doing two passes on
floor tunings to my satisfaction is with the Reyburn CyberTuner (RCT).  The
Pitch Raising feature in the RCT can make a floor tuning very acceptable
with one pass.  When certain situations require greater accuracy than one
pass, the second pass becomes a breeze.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731