Old Chickering

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:44:35 -0600

>...Can I expect that this piano will be
>tuned at 440 or at something lower than that?  Thanks for your help.
>
>Jere Fryett,
>Associate

If the piano doesn't specifically indicate something other than A440, the
piano can be tuned at that or lower, whatever you and the customer decide.

Examine the piano concerning its condition, determine its current pitch
location, find out the last tuning visit, inquire from the customer their
expectations and needs with regards to pitch, advise of potential string
breakage, then make a decision at to what pitch location to target.

Ultimately, it's up to you and the owner.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild