Perfect Pitch

Annedoerfler@AOL.COM Annedoerfler@AOL.COM
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:48:01 EST

OK you guys, here's the PITCH.  We were all born with the capability to
develop "perfect pitch," to identify specific notes, just as we all (almost)
have the capability to distinguish visually between red and blue, etc.  I
base my theory on 35 years plus of working with children's choirs.  Very
simply, if you teach young elementary school children to sing a song always
played in the same key, when you ask them to sing it to you (without) musical
introduction, at a later time they will sing it in the key you taught them.
Aha, pitch memory.  There it is waiting to be developed. Shall we all regress
ourselves and fine tune our sensory perceptions?  Anne Doerfler