Perfect Pitch

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:17:08 -0500

Hi Jim,

You must have been reading the archives because I have not jumped into
this latest fray.

I have become old enough and barely wise enough to realize that I do
not know everything dispute my saying I do.  If there are those who
say they can hear tone color in ET then I will concede the point to
them.  For the vast majority of use of people and technicians I doubt
it exists except in HT.  Now _there_ I can hear tone color.  Beethoven
in the Temperaments makes that point for me.  I found the tones
delightful but another tuner/musician was made queasy by the, to him,
uncomfortable intervals.

I like tone color and wish there were more recordings of it.

		Newton