Business Software

LTpianoman@AOL.COM LTpianoman@AOL.COM
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:30:10 EST

Bob,
I use PTBiz, designed by Ed Winslow, a programer kind of guy, who developed
it with a piano technician kind of guy (don't know his name) so funtionality
is great. The original price was $450, but he lowered it last year to $150.
What a deal!! It is worth $450 IMHO. It is built around an Access database
and is Microsoft Word compatible.
Here is a sample of what it does...
 ...Account status, accounts receivable, automatic dialing, complete service
history for each piano, comprehensive client filter lets you view your
clients from many “angles” , find all outstanding work orders, keeps track of
your Sales Tax liability for easy tax preparation, locate all clients in a
City, Zip, or Area who are due for service, multiple pianos per client,
multiple technicians, pianos can be transferred to new owners – Service
History Stays Intact, print postcards and labels, scheduling, to do list,
Work Order to Invoice conversion, Work Orders list multiple pianos, Work
Orders show piano service history, Pianos Wanted & Pianos For Sale.  Sales
reports let you track service/sales for MTD, YTD, or by client – shows prior
year’s sales for the same period. Also, Accounts Aging, Clients by Area,
City, Map Coordinates, Zip, Call Back Date, Preferred Tune Month, Last Tune +
Cycle Days (i.e. Next Tune Date), Mail Merge Flags, Client Codes (your own
personal coding, i.e. Dampp-Chase prospects, Teachers, etc.), Referrals and
more.  If you currently own another program for piano tuners, you can contact
PTBiz for conversion assistance.  Conversion programs to convert from popular
programs are offered free of charge.
It is well worth the price. Also, Ed will answer any questions you may have
and he offers a FREE trial period for you to try it out risk-free. (he
extended my trial period numerous times before I made up my mind!) I found it
via the Piano Page and downloaded the trial offer.
Tel: 317.251.7930
E-Mail: ewinslow@iquest.net
Hope this helps. I am very satisfied with it.

Larry Trischetta, Pocono NE Chapter
Scranton, PA