Ivers and Pond gutted

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 23:34:48 -0600

This is out on a farm here in SD.  The lady said a preacher who also tuned
pianos took the keys and action to repair them, but never returned with
them.  She asked him several times and he "always had an excuse".  Finally
he moved away.   I told here I would help find the parts, but she said she
had given up hope as this was 20 years ago.  I am supposed to pick it up
Sunday or Monday.  I need another old hulk like a hole in the head.  I
just couldn't turn down an Ivers and Pond from 1910.  I suppose I can use
some of the veneer. And there are three massive back posts of three slabs
of maple glued together.  Now those might  make good grand piano legs, or
the bottom part at least.  ---ric