repairing caster

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:34:15 -0400

>Chris,
>
>If you plug the caster hole and redrill you will still have damaged
>wood at the bottom.  I would suggest using something like Weld Wood
>from Webb Philips to completely fill the screw holes.  Then rotate the
>caster socket to new wood and drill for replacement screws (the others
>a likely bent).
>
>		Newton

that's part of the problem, there isn't much new wood to rotate the socket
around to.  from the looks of it this problem has happened before and
someone has already taken that approach.  (could have been me, seemed like
a good idea at the time)  i have never used weld wood, is it pretty strong
stuff?

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429