Business Software

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:27:35 -0600

Backup! Backup! Backup!

Not only do I do regular backups, my most important files are kept on both my desktop, and my laptop.  I have changed computers, crashed 3 hard drives, lost everything in system failures in addition to the personal mess-ups.  By keeping redundant copies, I still have some data that was entered on my old KayPro from 1983 and transferred from one system to another.  A copy is not enough.  You must keep at least 2.

dave

On 12/10/99 at 6:39 AM Ed Carwithen wrote:

>At 01:23 PM 12/09/1999 EST, you wrote:
>>I've been using the "old-fashioned" card system of tracking my customers for
>>the past twelve years. I want to become more efficient. Can anyone suggest a
>>good piano-business software package that's a good value for the money? Bob
>

>When you get that new system, especially if it is on computer, keep the old
>fashioned cards.  I've lost all computer records the last 2 Octobers,
>thanks to 1.) hard drive failure, and 2.) a virus.
>
>AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
>
>Ed Carwithen

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net