Enlarging Castor Recesses

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 19:58:49 PST

Hi, John!

  Thanks for starting this thread;  hopefully we'll both get an answer.

  I have done a number of these caster jobs on older uprights.  I started
with just a chisel, and then hit on the rotary file in my drill.  I use
these in combination, now.  But, that's as far as I've gotten, too.

  I wondered about something like a hole saw, but it seems a little flimsy
for the type of cutting required;  also, I don't know as I can easily get
one in the diameter I need for good clearance.  I like the chisel to finish
as a bevel is needed rather that a straight sided cut.

  Anyway, hope the answers out there.

                                                       Tom