Christmas "overtime" premium?

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:49:29 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: David Renaud <studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 11:22 PM
Subject: Christmas "overtime" premium?

>Lets say your booked up too capacity and then some till Christmas.
>What is the consensus about charging a premium for short notice
>"emergency" tunings.

The first convention I went to many years ago I heard Bob Haywood tell a
funny (and not true) story about short notice concert tunning that had to be
done between the stage hands setting up and the violins tunning up for the
concert. (about 15 minutes). To make a long story short the tunner checked
that the legs were on solid, the lid hinges were tight, the lid prop was
sound, and the bench didn't wobble. He then went home and sent in his bill.

John Dewey