Renner key easing pliers

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:19:48 EST

Hi, Dan:

I think 1616 is convenient, but should be used sparingly, for those concert
stage emergencies under time pressure.  I have used the 1616 for many years -
I've worn it out and bent it up a little.  It is a specialty tool, best used
in emergencies, and not for wholesale easing.  It will eventually start
binding and the working portion will begin to bend, requiring rebending,
which I believe reduces its stiffness.  I certainly would include stack
removal for any quote for warranty work on new pianos with wholesale
keybushing tightness.  I haven't used the 1617, but based on the
recommendations on the list, I will have to order it.  It appears to be more
substantial, and protects the outside of the key better (the 1616 can dent
the side of the key).

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, La Sierra University

  the In a message dated 12/5/99 7:55:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,