update on Steinway/new questions

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:30:53 -0600

>Greetings,
>  My first thought is "Check your clearance under the pinblock!".
>     I have a customer that would like to have her action regulated, but it
>is trapped by the protruding pins that an earlier tech had tapped down,
>while the action was still in the piano.  Make sure that the pins aren't way
>up because they are too long to start with.
>REgards,
>Ed Foote

Hi Ed,
         A good point to be careful on.  Typical symptom of tapping pins
with no pin block jack in place.
A definite no,no.    If you screw a piece of 1/4" steel plate to the top of
your jacks it will never happen.
I have also run into a number of grands that have been repinned with 2 1/2"
pins instead of 2 3/8" showing the same problem.
Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213