Genck Ultimate toolcase

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 01:52:57 EST

In a message dated 12/3/99 2:36:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mark@nhpianos.com writes:

<<  Anybody gotten one of these babies yet? I finally replaced my 20 year old
case a few months ago with the APSCO technician's case (#10038) and although
it's basically a nice case it has one annoying (to me, at least) problem. The
molded in partitions don't reach all of the way up to the pallet, so all of
my non-secured larger tools and other odds 'n ends that live in the larger
compartment end up in a tangled pile in the bottom of the case every time I
carry it. I'm getting tired of having to disentangle my mute strips from my
soundboard steel and assorted screwdrivers and pliers every time I open my
box. Also, I read a message here back in the Summertime about this new Genck
case having a side pocket that will take a full sized laptop computer. Can
anyone verify this? And oh, yeah - does anybody want to buy a low milage
APSCO tech case - cheap?  ;-)

 - Mark

As for tools that tend to relocate in the toolbox, I went to a local music
dealer that sells band and guitar instruments.  He gave me a piece of
styrofoam 1 inch thick,  and large enough to cover the lower part of the
Genck tool case.  I cut the thickness in half with my bandsaw, and by laying
it on the lower section then closing the toolbox, the tools stay put.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR