Steinway B plate/scale modifications

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 06:35:45 -0600

Frank & List,

Steinway recently purchased the Kelly Plate Co., I think they get plates
from them. They will present an all day program in Arlington at the PTG
National convention, July 5-9, 2000.

Best,

Dale
Dale Probst
Institute Director
PTG Annual Convention
Arlington, VA--July 5-9,2000
wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Frank Weston
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 6:43 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Steinway B plate/scale modifications

Thanks,

I've checked the archives, but there is no information I could find about
specific serial numbers and plate changes.  I've learned that recent B
plates have 2, 3, or 4 embossed on the tail, but it is not clear what these
numbers represent.

I have heard the rumor that Steinway plates are being made in Brazil.  Any
truth to this tale?

Frank Weston