What would you do?

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 08:54:51 +0100

And I suggest this is the same old kind og defeatism that has reigned in the
industry for the past 200 years. Lets not do anything, just let the old market
decide. It is exactly that which has pushed the industry into the mire its in. I
suggest capitalism has not been effective in insuring that only decent quality
instruments are produced. Quite the opposite. There has been a slow but steady
push towards cheaper and chinsier instruments for the past 50-60 years.

I would also point out that Yamaha over the past 30 years has become a very good
make indeed. It was perhaps the only piano make that started off as a "border
line" piano that met a relative cold front from both the technical community and
the musician community. They took up the challange. Roy... there is absolutly
nothing wrong with taking a clear stance as to quality. It only needs to be
fair, and if other industries can do this.. so can we.

As for as who will decide, what criteria, ect.... hey... this is the same thing
UL folks have to deal with.. whats your point ?.. It can be done, and done well.
Only question is whether or not we choose to do it.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway