Brass plated strings??

ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:31:18 EDT

          My grandfather in Philly had a Schoemacher upright(20's vintage)
that is now at my sisters house.It has electro-plated gold strings.One broke
in the high treble when I was an apprentice(this was in 1980 when we still
used that word)..I showed it to my teacher and he said yes indeed it was
electroplated gold and if I hadn't been overpulling the upper treble too much
it probably wouldn't have broken.The bass strings are copper wound.