Purchase Consult: Kimball 587F 5' 8" Grand

Brian L Jane brianjaney@juno.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 03:21:39 -0700

Dear List -

I have a client that has been looking at a Kimball 587F Grand... I was
interested in what you on the list may think about this particular model
of piano. As I played it and looked it over, made my appraisal
inspection, to my surprise - I really had a hard time not liking it [I
hope you can all still respect me... grin].

It is 10 years old [serial number T89162] and appears to have some
potential with a minor regulation and some voicing - this is a bit of a
shock to me because my experience to date with Kimball's has usually been
with 1970 vintage spinets/consoles that [at times] sound like they have
coffee can metal for sound boards.

The piano appears to have been played very little since purchase. Ancott
[Discontinued Keyboard Edition] has a Kimball of similar size in a 1990
version listed at around $12000 - the dealer that has this piano for sale
is asking $6995.00. It has the Viennese Edition case in pecan colored oak
for a case. It basically has all the appearences of a new piano.

Any thoughts/advice... positive and negitive???

Thanks!
Brian - Fallbrook, CA
San Diego County Chapter, PTG