Tone Moderator

Don Mannino donmannino@mediaone.net
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:02:44 -0700

Glad to Oblige.  I can only pass on what I have been told, though, as I have no way to test this for myself:

The Tone Moderator is a hole cut in the soundboard which allows the sound at some frequencies to cancel, smoothing the tonal response of the piano.  It was described as being most affective in the mid-treble section, eliminating some harshness in the tone.  The empty hole is decorated with a round gold colored trim piece so that it looks better than a simple hole.

These will be found on all of the new K series upright pianos, now beginning to appear in the US.

Don Mannino RPT