Vertical hammer hanging

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:22:51 -0700

I have Spurlocks prehanging jig and I've used it once.  I got
good results.  I replaced the butts (brass rail) and pre hung the
hammers on the shanks.  I tapered the shanks for aligning the
hammers to strings and had to tip them some towards the
treble.  When the glued dried they all were slightly towards the
bass in alignment.  In Bill's instructions he tells you to hand
the heads slightly low of their striking point as the drying glue
will cause the hammer to lift slightly.  I needed to do the same
thing with my alignment, i.e. align slightly towards the treble.