The "NeverTune Piano"

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:29:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/99 11:19:31 AM !!!First Boot!!!, cedel@redrose.net
writes:

<< I have this question.  If I find a piano remarkably close to pitch which
 hasn't been tuned for ten years, do I touch up the tuning and then say
 "see you again in _another_ ten years"?  More frequent tuning doesn't
 seem to make sense to the owner in some of these situations, but I can't
 make myself recommend they leave it go that long, even if it is rarely
 used.

 Clyde Hollinger >>

Although I did have that one Gully, there have been cases where for years on
end, a piano would drift off by only a few cents here and there. But then,
for no explainable reason, after five or six years being stable, the piano is
way off, by 20 or 30 cents.

If you allow a customer to think a yearly tuning is not needed, she'll let it
go. And then, by the time she calls you, because she can hear it is out of
tune, you'll have to do more work.

Wim