Alternative Temperaments

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:41:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/99 4:22:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, you write:

<< Hi list.

 To those of you who are interested in this kind of thing, one Paul
 Erlich has recently contacted me and asked me to put him in contact with
 some of you. >>

Whew!  Kind of interesting but I'm afraid that this is the kind of "way out
there" thinking that scares people away.  It is not what I am interested in
or what I do and not what other people like Skip Becker, Dave Lamoreux, Karen
Hudson-Brown and Ed Foote do either.

We may argue and disagree among ourselves about certain things but we all
have one goal in common: a better, more musical sounding piano, not a weird,
far out sounding one.  We all want what ET is supposed to provide:  a piano
that will express virtually any music that the general public might care to
play, beautifully and correctly.  We don't want it to offend anyone.  We
don't want it to sound "sour".  We want it to to sound "in tune", titillate
the ear and make the music all the more enjoyable.

I have also come up with a guitar tuning that has the same goals as above.  I
wonder if Mr. Erlich would be interested in it?

Bill Bremmer RPT