Dummy weights (was Re: Touchweight)

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:50:19 -0500 (CDT)

>I can see the Whurlie idea working if one uses BIG washers or fender
>washers.  How to keep them upright?

The one I made uses 1 3/8" OD, 9/16" ID washers on a 3/8" rod.They're
corralled by washers at each end held by the machine screw in the end of the
tubing. There's enough slack at the end of the washer stack to let them
slide up and down relative to each other in use, but not enough to let them
flop over. They stay upright just fine. Back when I made mine, the rumor was
that it was a Kimball invention, like it would matter.

 Ron N