The "NeverTune Piano"

Del Gittinger delgit@acc-net.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:50:05 -0400

I too feel that 7 or 8 tunings (and 1 touch-up regulation) the first 5 years
will stabilize the piano for the rest of its life.  Kind of like raising
kids - the first 5 years are the most important.

Yesterday I came across just the opposite situation.  A warranty tuning on a
brand new console piano that moved into my area.  I had to pitch raise 72
cents before I could begin tuning.  The customer was not there and I could
not determine how long they've had the piano but it sure looked and smelled
brand new.

Del Gittinger, RPT
Del's Music Studio, Marion, OH
Piano Tuning & Service
Electronic Instrument repairs including organs
delgit@acc-net.com