interesting piano

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:38:03 -0400

John,

Double check your soundboard.  It's not unusual for the Mathusheks to have
laminated boards or even no ribs.  However, all of the ones I've seen still
had plenty of viable crown.

Wouldn't you love to get hold of old M's shop notes?

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Institute Director
PTG Annual Convention
Arlington, VA July 5-9, 2000
Agilreath@mindspring.com
706 629-3063
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
John Dewey
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 6:36 PM
To: newsletter pianotech
Subject: interesting piano

While this probably makes no difference in the ultimate scheme of things I
found it interesting. I recently picked up a Mathushek upright 49" high
serial no. 82876. It has a 3" X 2.5" back post glued to each end piece but
no other back posts. The plate is almost 1" thick across the top but
otherwise looks like a regular plate. Not a full perimeter plate. The piano
seems to be in rebuildable shape. I have e-mailable pictures if anyone is
interested.

John Dewey