Dummy weights (was Re: Touchweight)

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:33:34 -0400

Yo Keith! I like your variation of a theme, but am failing to get a
worthwhile mental impression. The Skotch joiners have dangerously sharp
points compared to a nail. Is this what makes them superior? If so,
wouldn't beveling an edge of the existing nails work as well? What about
key splitting? (I've experienced what a mis-lick can do to wood using the
joiners.)

Since I don't have a set of nail-type weights, I may try affixing a Skotch
joiner to a backcheck weight for testing purposes.